We have already made great progress in bringing a renewed vitality to our adopted village in Kunisaki, but there is a lot more work to do to help provide it with a sustainable future.
As our both our tours business and the Community Project itself develop and grow we anticipate:
- Providing further local employment;
- Continuing to take on the management of farms and forests as and when the owners wish us to do so and co-operating on a greater scale with those farmers still active;
- Renovating more vacant properties to provide them with new leases of life;
- Increasing the acreage of forest and woodlands under our care and increasing their bio-diversity through careful and sensitive management; and,
- Exploring new ways to bring higher value-added agriculture to the area and introduce the latest in technology, such as drones.